Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Enjoyed a mommy moment today

Today, I really enjoyed being a mommy. My little Espresso, normally full of energy from the moment he wakes up, wasn't all smiles and giggles today. He was extremely fussy, had a fever and was very irritable. While I enjoy my happy, smiley, energetic boy, it is rare that our little boy lets us hold and cuddle him if we are in a seated position. Any time we try holding him, while we are seated, he squirms his way out of our loving arms, only to find himself laying flat on the couch or about to fall out of chair. He does like to be held, but only if we are standing and moving. I know I'll have a lot to keep up with once our Espresso is in high gear.

But today was different when our boy woke up with a fever. Today, he wanted his mommy instead of his jumperoo. I was able to rock my fussy, little boy, without him squirming away from me, into a calm, relaxed state. It was so wonderful. He put his head on my chest and rested so peacefully for 20 minutes. It was heaven! After calming him , I continued to hold him and sang a hodgepodge of songs from Amazing Grace to Polly Wolly Doodle All the Day before he fell asleep. Oh...it was just about heaven being able to cuddle my sweet boy.

I think I would wish for a fever every day just to get a chance to just cuddle with my boy.

No comments: