Friday, January 22, 2010

Cold chocolate?

Taking a break from Tinnitus...

My little pint-size, never ending energy Espresso has never liked to drink much. He gets that from his daddy. We always had a hard time getting him to drink anything, including sweet things, like juice.

A few weeks ago we had a blizzard, by southern terms, and I took my son out to play in the snow. We got wet and cold, and what you look forward to the most is coming in for some hot chocolate. Of course, I obliged!

Recently, we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner (before I gave up that sort of food) and I ordered a kids meal with chocolate milk for my E. I thought he would like it and hoped he would drink more than his usual amount. He has, after all, inherited my sweet tooth. :) His first sip of chocolate milk, he said, "hot chocolate." My husband and I corrected him and said, "No. This is cold. It's chocolate milk." He took another sip, "hot chocolate." We repeated our explanation that he was drinking something cold. From that conversation, ALL that stuck was cold, and our little Espresso is now a fan of "cold chocolate."

Every day at every meal I am asked, "cold chocolate?"

Cold chocolate, anyone?

No comments: